Accessible Communication Specialists
Pia have developed a reputation for delivering accessible communication formats that help you effectively communicate with all of your customers.
As part of our high quality service we can help advise, recommend and supply the most appropriate accessible format for your organisation. With a range of accessible format options including:
- Audio transcription for communication with people who are partially-sighted and literacy problems
- Tactical communication methods including braille and moon for people who are blind or partially-sighted
- British sign language for people who are Deaf or partially deaf
- Accessible print publications including clear and large print format for customers who are partially sighted or have learning difficulties
- Easy read formats which are ideal for people with learning disabilities
Easy Read is an alternative format made up of words and pictures, which is designed to make information more accessible for people with learning disabilities. Easy Read is also known as 'making information easier' or 'easier to understand information', and can be useful for older people and for those whose first language is not English.
To see an example of an Easy Read document, click here
To ensure its suitability, each Easy Read document should be reviewed by people with a learning disability before the document can be approved. This means that transcribing to Easy Read generally takes longer than transcribing in to other alternative formats.
If you would like more information about our easy read services or a quotation please contact us.